Monday 28 December 2015

PaperArtsy - Deconstruction, Miniature Art and Altered Grunge Paste

Hello and Welcome! It's great that you could drop by when the Season is probably still so very busy! I've been having a wonderful time looking back over the year's beautiful projects at PaperArtsy. The lovely folk at PaperArtsy have given me the opportunity to curate a little collection of my favourite projects on the themes of Deconstruction, Miniature Art and Grunge Paste from their blog, which was the very first craft blog I ever saw and remains my favourite source of inspiration in Blogland. It wasn't easy to select from all the amazing work over the year and I would love to have included every one of 2015's fabulous projects. If you would like to see my choices, please do hop across to PaperArtsy's blog.
I was also challenged to create a project of my own, combining the 3 themes and you can see this over at PaperArtsy too. I've reversed a box canvas and de-constructed it using liberal amounts of Grunge Paste blended around the edges of Rigid Plaster Wrap for the waves; PaperArtsy Crackle Glaze and Rusting Powder. I used Fresco Finish Paints in Captain Peacock, Granny Smith, Teresa Green, Hey Pesto, Limelight, Snowflake and Inky Pool. For 3D effect, I just had to add one of the little MDF houses I've become addicted to creating this year!
I like to de-construct and mix stamp sets with my own art work too, so there is a combination of Sara Nauman; Lynne Perrella; PaperArtsy Mini and a little face of my own here. The Lynne Perrella town in the background was stamped onto painted tissue and fixed to the canvas with Satin Glaze.
I am truly indebted to Mary Jane Chadbourne of Desert Dream Studios who taught me so much about creating miniature art last summer. PaperArtsy paints, stamps and Grunge Paste worked so well together with all that I learned on her Artful Gathering course. I used Grunge Paste here to blend with moss for the grass and Treasure Gold gives an aged look to the edges of the canvas. Once again Thank You for taking a peek into Magpieheaven today, and for all your support over the past year. May I take this opportunity to wish all my dear, inspiring friends and followers in Blogland a Happy, Healthy and Creative 2016!

12 comments:

  1. this looks fabulous, Julie Ann; and the pieces you chose to feature were great (even if I was very surprised to see one of mine amongst them!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant Julie Ann! I love the gorgeous texture and your oh so beautiful face! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie Ann, I so enjoyed reading/viewing your post, studying the tutorials/entries you selected and reading of your personal art adventures in 2015. The way you meld PA stamps with your own art is fabulously inspiring.
    It is so exciting to wonder at where your art adventures will next lead you.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and beautiful niche - it looks so textural! Great recap over on the PA blog - thank you so much for featuring my tag - made my day lol! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most fun niche, love the frosty appeal of the wintry scene and your marvelous face blocks. xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really loved your PA post, Julie Ann.... and your own art is so inspiring as well. I love my little pieces from you, and can't wait to see what you create in the coming year! Wishing you a Happy New Year to you and yours - xxx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. My friends from my team at www.essay-writer.club said that this project is absolutely awesome. Hope you had a nice Christmas. From all our team best wishes to you in a New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie Ann! This is sooo cool and such a great background piece to add to you tiny topia!You are such a talent,my friend! And always so inspiring, with your stories as well as your art!
    Happy 2016 to you and your family- I wish you good health,peace,joy,love and an abundance of creativity!!
    your friend,Jackie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. So magical how you create a scene and then draw me into your beautiful world Julie Ann.
    This is splendid in every detail.
    Thank you for a wonderful year of friendship and inspiration.
    Here's to another year of connecting across the miles.
    Wishing you and yours a Very Happy New Year oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great round-up Julie Ann! I love your final project, so inspiring!
    Happy New Year!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was a fantastic round-up, Julie-Ann, and your project is just gorgeous. I love the snowy texture and wonderful blue-greens. Thank you again for your lovely words about my rusty bouquet of barbed wire too.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how wonderful! Such lovely colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete

Due to high level of spam recently I have enabled comment moderation on this blog, so any comments will be moderated before appearing on the blog.